Tuesday 13 July 2021

Long time, No see.

 


Hey guys! Long time, no see.


So as you can probably tell, I have not been on this blog in a while. I believe my last post on here was in February (I know I at least have a draft from February still sitting there, but don't worry that will be posted soon!). The main reason I've not been posting on here is a mixture of no motivation and my laptop physically not being able to handle it.


So my lack of motivation has not necessarily gone away, but the old laptop definitely has. I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a new one (which is actually the first time I've bought a new laptop in a good few years).


The first thing I wanted to do when I turned the laptop on was update this blog. I was so excited to start it up again, but I know I need to make a few changes first.


First of all, a posting schedule. Listen, for now I'm probably not going to have one but it is something I'm working on figuring out! I do have a full time job so I don't want to commit myself to a posting schedule until I get myself more organised


I finally changed my twitter handle, and luckily I now also have a separate account for animal crossing, which was something I was posting a lot of on my main account and it kinda took away from the blogging.


This blog will mainly still revolve around short AF reviews on things like books, movies, podcasts etc, however I will be including some of my own interests such as anime/manga etc. If you don't like these posts though please feel free to skip past them! Not everyone is into the same things. 


Animal crossing Mondays will not be happening any more. As much as I enjoyed making them I don't play the game as much as I did anymore, and even if I do I've restarted my island so I need to save those items for those sweet sweet bells. (If you play animal crossing, you guys know what I mean)


I will eventually be making a tiktok revolving this blog now they've introduced 3 minute videos. I've always wanted to make my blog into videos but due to the shortness of the reviews (and my lack of personality) I have never wanted to make a youtube series. I hope this will in turn also make the blog more accessible for people who cannot necessarily look at a screen, but are able to listen and hear the reviews. When I do I will post a link on my blog!


I do want to make more pop culture products posts as I really did love doing the Makeup revolution x Nightmare before christmas collection. However, this can take time and money! So this is something I will carry on doing in the future, but maybe not straight away.


So yeah, I'm back and I'm hoping to work on myself as well as this blog. I hope you guys enjoy what I'm going to be putting out and hopefully this motivation will last.


Is there anything you guys want to see? Is there anything you want bringing back or any book/movie/podcast suggestions? Please let me know down in the comments below.


As always,

Love, Lyndsay xoxo 


No comments :

Post a Comment