Sunday 21 June 2020

Short AF Series Review | Jane The Virgin


Hey guys! Today I'm going to be doing a short AF review on the TV series "Jane The Virgin". As usual this review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free. (However there will be the IMDB synopsis in this and sometimes they can contain spoilers, 9/10 times they don't, it's just something to keep in mind if you're planning on watching the series).


"A young, devout Catholic woman discovers that she was accidentally artificially inseminated."

I don't know what brought me to watch Jane the Virgin, I believe once again it was just something Netflix kept on recommending to me and eventually I just caved and watch the show.  I did not regret it one bit. This show is so beautifully written and made me laugh as much as it made me cry. My heart is genuinely broken that this show is over however they could not have ended it in a better way. Each character has their own wonderfully beautiful personal characteristics that make them special in each and every way. Each character makes you want to know more and more about their stories and even though the show is mainly about the Villanueva family they're not scared to bring in new characters and give you as much story as they can about them.

My favourite people in the series:
- Jane Villanueva: I know this one is kind of obvious because it's who the show is about, but I love how kind she is and how raw she shows her emotion. 
Petra Solano: Petra really annoyed me at the start of the series but her character growth throughout is beautiful and she ends up being one of the best characters in the show.
- Jane ramos: Rosario Dawson, need I say more? 

My least favourite people in the series:
- River fields: I just found her really annoying, and I didn't think her character was very fitting for the show?
-Magda: Magda was the character that just kept coming back which I wish wouldn't. I can't say much more without spoiling anything.

I love this series so much and wish it never ended. Please if you get the chance to, flick netflix on and put on Jane The Virgin.

If you watched the series what did you think of it? Who were your favourite and least favourite characters. Do you have any movies, series or books you'd recommend for me to watch/read or want me to do a short AF review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Lyndsay
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment