Sunday 5 July 2020

Short AF Series Review | Once Upon A Time

Hey guys! Today I'm going to be doing a short AF review on the TV series "Once Upon A Time". As usual this review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free. (However there will be the IMDB synopsis in this and sometimes they can contain spoilers, 9/10 times they don't, it's just something to keep in mind if you're planning on watching the series).


"A young woman with a troubled past is drawn to a small town in Maine where fairy tales are to be believed."

The reason I started watching this is because I recognised one of the characters from one of those weird tv shows that came on at 3 in the morning on 4 music. I loved the one episode that I watched and was never able to find it again until this kept on being recommended to me on netflix. The show is mainly based on a young boy called Henry and a woman called Emma in a town called Storybrooke. They somewhat retell a lot of disney stories and fairytales, some of which include snow white, little red riding hood etc. This show is so whimsical and I could genuinely binge watch it over and over again. There are so many characters to fall in love with and if you love disney I would 10/10 recommend this show!

My favourite people in the series:
- Captain Hook: Honestly a beautiful man, has some of the best one liners in the show and has the perfect amount of sarcasm.
- Mr. Gold: I was really excited to see Robert Carlyle in a tv series, his character is really mysterious and is always full of suprises
- Belle French: I love how strong Belle is in the series. She is definitely my favourite of all the characters in the show.

My least facourite people in the series:
- Hades: His storyline just went on for too long and it dragged too much. He was a good character I just wish it came to a conclusion quicker.
- Dr. Archie Hopper: He was just a boring character, I get that he had an important part to play in Henry's and Emma's storyline but I just wish there was more to him

This series is amazing and I genuinely recommend watching it. The only thing I would say is please give the series a chance past the first season as that is the one that takes the longest to get through. You won't regret it.

If you watched the series what did you think of it? Who were your favourite and least favourite characters? Do you have any movies, series or books you'd recommend for me to watch/read or want me to do a short AF review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day!

Love, Lyndsay
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment