Thursday 17 December 2020

Pop Culture Products | Makeup revolution x Disney Nightmare Before Christmas


 Hey guys so I thought I'd start a new segment on my blog called "Pop Culture Products" in which I'll be buying products based on movies/tv series/books etc and reviewing them! I am very new to this type of review (I have tried to before but definitely was not my best work so hopefully this goes okay!). Today I'm going to be reviewing the Makeup Revolution x Disney Nightmare Before Christmas Collection. Please note, I did not get the whole collection due to reasons I will mention down below. So let's just jump straight into it.


This whole collection includes two 36 pan eye shadow palettes, 4 lipglosses, 2 highlighters, and 1 brush set. I personally only bought myself the eyeshadow palettes and lipglosses because I've only recently just purchased a new brush set from skinny dip in TK Max and both of the highlighters seem to be gold based on the website and because I'm really fair gold base highlighters do not suit my skin tone (They end up being very obviously too dark for me).


Top Palette: Makeup Revolution Nightmare Before Christmas Palette Sally | Price £15.00

So as you can see this first palette is full of more warm and neutral tones. What doesn't quite show on photo is the Shimmer shades in this palette. I love the colours and can definitely see me using this as more of a daily palette especially if I just want to feel a bit more glam that I usually look. The shades within the palette are beautiful and I love that they all have ghostly names such as "Play Dead" and "Trick or treat". The palette is really pigmented for the price of the shadows and I do not think £15 for 36 shades is expensive at all.

Bottom Palette: Makeup Revolution Nightmare Before Christmas Palette Jack | Price £15.00

This palette like the first one does have quite a few neutral tones in it still, but unlike the first one is more cool toned as well as having a few bright shades within the palette. This one will definitely more likely be used for cosplay makeup for me (or even day to day depending on how I'm feeling, sometimes I like to be bright!) Once again, I love the ghostly names an the nods to the movie in this one such as "Sandy Claws" and "Pumpkin Song". Once again the palette is really pigmented for the price of the shadows and £15 is still a really good deal.


(The lipglosses I'm listing are from left to right)

Makeup Revolution Nightmare Before Christmas Lip Gloss Sally | £5.00

So this lipgloss is a really cute pink shimmery lip gloss which could be worn on it's own or as a lip topper. I really love the shade on my skin tone and will definitely be using this a lot. It's not sticky which is a plus for me (As i'm not a big fan of sticky lipglosses) and smells really good. £5.00 is about £1-£2 more than I'd usually spend on a lip gloss, but to have it in my collection I didn't mind paying the extra for it being nightmare before christmas themed.

Makeup Revolution Nightmare Before Christmas Lip Gloss Zero | £5.00

So for me it's not very easy to see what kind of lipgloss this was on the photo so I didn't know if when it was going to come if it was going to be a shimmer lipgloss (like the others) or just clear. It is just a clear lipgloss. Once again will get a lot of daily use. The lipgloss is very moisturising and smells really nice.

Makeup Revolution Nightmare Before Christmas Lip Gloss Oogie Boogie | £5.00

So this is the only lip gloss I'm not to keen on out of the collection and it's not even makeup revolutions fault. As I said early the reason I didn't get the highlighters is because gold is just too dark on my skin tone and because this is very gold toned this just doesn't suit my skin tone. Definitely something to keep in mind if you're paler like me! But not to worry as my best friend is having it instead as it will suit her.

Makeup Revolution Nightmare Before Christmas Lip Gloss Jack | £5.00

When this Lip gloss came I was worried it was going to be the same situation as the previous lip gloss with it looking gold in the tube. However when on the skin this is more of a rose gold colour which I can get away with, especially if using it as a lip topper. I do like they've brought out different shades which will compliment most people's skin tones however! This gloss is really pretty and definitely will be using it a lot.


And that is everything I got from the Makeup Revolution x Disney Nightmare Before Christmas collection. Other than the one lipgloss, I really loved everything I got and I'm happy I spent the money to get it. I definitely think they have something for everyone and it's really nice to see that in a brand. I've bought from makeup revolution before (like 90 percent of my palettes are from there) so it was cool to see a brand I already love releasing products like this. If you see anything you like in this collection I'd definitely recommend getting it!


What is your favourite item in the collection? Have you tried out the highlighters, what are they like? Are there any other products you guys would like me to review? Please let me know down in the comments below!


As always, have a wonderful day.


Love, Lyndsay

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment