Thursday 17 December 2020

Short AF Movie Review | Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

 


Hey guys, so today I'm going to be doing a review on the movie "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children". As usual this review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the IMDB synopsis in this and sometimes they can contain spoilers, however 9/10 times they don't. It's just something to keep in mind if you're planning on watching the movie.)



"When Jacob (Asa Butterfield) discovers clues to a mystery that stretches across time, he finds Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. But the danger deepens after he gets to know the residents and learns about their special powers."


So the reason I wanted to watch this movie is because I've been interested in reading the book for the longest time and I'm usually a book before movie kind of girl. However, me, James and our friend Stephen (keep in mind this was before lockdown started) decided we was going to have a movie night and watch it. This movie is truly magical and but is also relatively dark. It somewhat brings me that same feeling of nostalgia I get when watching movies such as The Labyrinth. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and it has finally got me round to at least starting the book (even if I am reading it very slowly).


My favourite characters in the movie:

- Emma Bloom: Emma's character is honestly so lovely. I adore her character so much and she honestly just makes me really happy. Every time I saw her in the movie I just wanted to know more and more about her and the movie definitely gave us the chance to learn more about her

- Barron: Okay, so I promise Barron isn't my favourite character just because Samuel L. Jackson plays him, but it sure helps. I loved how creepy and eerie his character was and he plays the perfect villain


My least favourite characters in the movie:

- Miss Peregrine: So hear me out on this one, I appreciate that she's a good character and that she's one of the main plot points in the movie, however there just seemed to be something off about her character, and I wasn't the only one who thought so (Stephen and James agreed too). With this being the only movie out of the book series we didn't really get to find out if that was true or not which is another reason I've started reading the books so I can find out.

- Frank: Can I just say Frank is the most useless dad in the world. I mean he really does try and I love Chris O'Dowd. Just watch the movie and you'll see what I mean!


I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and I hope that they end up making movies of the other books as well! I also hope the book brings me as much joy as the movie did!


What did you think of this movie? Who were your favourite and least favourite characters? Do you have any movies, series, podcasts or books you'd recommend for me to watch/listen to/read or want me to do a short AF review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!


As always, have a wonderful day.


Love, Lyndsay

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment