Tuesday 11 August 2020

Short AF Series Review | Jessica Jones

Hey guys, so today I'm going to be doing a review on the tv series "Jessica Jones". As usual this review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (However there will be the IMDB synopsis in this and sometimes they can contain spoilers however 9/10 times they don't. It's just something to keep in mind if you're planning on watching the series).


"Following the tragic end of her brief supehero career, Jessica Jones tries to rebuild her life as a private investigator, dealing with cases involving people with remarkable abilities in New York City."

So the main reason I watched this series is one, I'm a lover of comics or anything comic related and two, the trailer for this series made me extra excited for this series to come out! This series has definitely made Jessica Jones one of my favourite Marvel characters. I love the way that she's portrayed and I feel like even if you're not into comics but you're into action you would really enjoy this tv series! There's a lot of character development with all the characters (especially Jessica) and I have pretty much binged this as it came out. This series was really entertaining to watch and also kept me on the edge of my seat.

My favourite people in the series:
Jessica Jones: Obviously the main character has to be one of my favourites. I love how sarcastic she is to everyone around her and I loved the development in her character throughout the series.
Luke Cage: The introduction of Luke in Jessica's life was perfect and absolutely ties the series that interlock together. I love that he can (mostly) deal with Jessica's attitude and that he can be just as sarcastic as her.

My least favourite people in the series:
Jeri Hogarth: Honestly if you watch the series you would see that this woman is one of the most horrible people in the series. I just think she's selfish and manipulative and I hate the way she treats other characters.
Dorothy Walker: Dorothy's character was also very self serving within the series. The emotional manipulation she put Trish through sometimes was hard to see and as much as they try and give her some character growth it just wasn't enough to completely redeem her.
Kilgrave: Okay so Kilgrave was a very well put together villain in the fact that everything he does/did makes you want to hate him. 

The series was definitely worth watching and I honestly wish there were more. If you're into comic books I would definitely recommend watching this series, even if you're not and you want to watch something full of action I would recommend this tv series.

What did you think of the tv series? Who were your favourite and least favourite characters? Do you have any movies, series or books you'd recommend for me to watch/read or want me to do a short AF review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

Have a wonderful day.

Love, Lyndsay
xo

2 comments :

  1. I've watched and loved two seasons of Jessica Jones! Need to watch the third ASAP. Your review of the series was enjoyable to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good series you should definitely watch the 3rd! Thankyou so much :)

      Lyndsay | https://pandas-space.blogspot.com/

      Delete