Friday 14 August 2020

Short AF Series Review | Luke Cage


 Hey guys, so today I'm going to be doing a review on the TV series "Luke Cage". As usual this review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the IMDB synopsis in this and sometimes they contain spoilers however 9/10 times they don't. It's just something to keep in mind if you're planning on watching the series).



"When a sabotaged experiment gives him super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive attempting to rebuild his life in Harlem and must soon confront his past and fight a battle for the heart of his city."


So the main reason I wanted to watch this is because I'd already watched Jessica Jones and Luke had been introduced to us through Jessica Jones. This series is very action packed and has one of my favourite actors Rosario Dawson in which was an instant win for me. This series kept me on the edge of my seat and definitely left me wanting more. If you're not into action this may not be the series for you, but for me it's the perfect mixture of action and superhero. I love how gritty this movie gets and wish there was more than what they gave us. Sadly this series got cancelled however if they end up reviving the series I will definitely be binging it again!


My Favourite characters in the series:

- Luke Cage: Obviously the main character of the series is one of my favourites. I love the character development with him and love that his main objective is just to protect those around him.

- Claire Temple: I love Rosario Dawson okay? I just think she played Claire beautifully and she just makes me happy with whatever she is in.


My least favourite characters in the series:

- Cottonmouth: Hear me out, I believe all of the characters were really well written within this series but if I had to choose a least favourite it would be cottonmouth. He just irritated me in certain parts of the series. He was still a really well written character however.


I loved watching this series and hopefully one day netflix (or another company) will revive this series again! If you get the chance to definitely watch the series!


What did you think of the series? Who were you favourite and least favourite characters? Do you have any movies, series or books you'd recommend for me to watch/read or want me to do a short AF review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!


As always, have a wonderful day.


Love, Lyndsay

xo

2 comments :

  1. I enjoyed watching Luke Cage! Such a good Marvel series on Netflix! Love how this show was also integrated into Jessica Jones!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! i think they mixed them all together so well!

      Lyndsay | https://pandas-space.blogspot.com/

      Delete