Friday 7 August 2020

SheIn: Is It Plus Size Friendly?

Hey guys so today we're going to be doing something a little bit different, if you don't know me, hi, I'm Lyndsay, I'm 26 and I am very much plus sized (a size UK 26 to be precise). Due to me being plus sized I sometimes struggle to find plus size clothing at an affordable price and whilst SheIn has been around for a long time, they haven't always catered to plus sized people. SheIn has been around for a while now (I remember it being sheinside back in my Tumblr days) and has always seemed to be a website where you can get affordable cute clothing. One of my friends mentioned to me that they had started doing plus sized clothing so I thought I would try it out. We're going to go through what I've got, how comfortable they are for someone who is plus sized and see if they are true to size! So let's just jump straight into it.


Okay so I love rude things especially this Pajama set. When I saw it in the photos I instantly thought that the T - shirt was gonna be cropped on me and I was correct! The pajama set however is completely breathable and very comfortable! The shorts are elasticated but they fit me perfectly. The highest size this pajama set goes up to is a 26 which is perfect for me and the smallest size it comes in is an 18. Would definitely recommend getting this if you like it!


Okay so getting full sized t shirts sometimes scares me because they don't always cover my stomach (everywhere just seems to think all plus sized/normal sized people have the same torso length and that's just not true). This T shirt fully covers my stomach however and is really comfortable. I love it so much is adorable and I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of this t shirt.

First things first, I would like to point out this skirt fits me perfectly but is not elasticated! This has a zip at the back which sometimes I struggle with so I had to get James to help me zip it up. The Pinafore part of the skirt is a little too big for me and keeps falling down my arms. I love the design of the skirt even having it down but will definitely be sewing another button hole into it so I can wear it securely.



Plus Frill Trim Crop Cami Top
Okay so this top is super cute but really confused me when I got it. Please note that the front is much bigger than the back as it has quite a low back but it also has no tag on the back to tell you which side is the back. Once I figured it out and put it on I loved it. I think this top is super cute and I was really happy I could find something like this in my size. The only downside is I cannot find this top anywhere on their website anymore. I have searched the name, I have gone through all their plus size clothing again and I think they've just took this t shirt off their website.


Once again, this t shirt looked like it would be very cropped on the photo, and once again it was when it arrived. I don't mind it being cropped it's very cute and makes my bi heart very happy. This t shirt looks super cute with blue high waisted jeans (as you can see) but I also have some high waisted skirts this will go with really well. This top also looks smaller in real life but please note it has a lot of stretch so it fits really well on me.



Okay so once again this was not advertised as a crop top but is slightly shorter than normal tees. However this is something I can completely tuck into my high waisted jeans and feel comfortable in. I love how colourful this is and have been looking for something like this to go into my closet for ages. This is made out of a really comfortable material which is not normal for polo tops and doesn't feel restricting or anything (which I find I do feel with normal polo tops)

So do I think SheIn is plus sized friendly? Totally! If you're not over a UK size 26 (which I believe is a US size 22). It's really nice for me to be able to find cute clothes online that either aren't 1: Really expensive or 2: Really outdated. I will definitely be ordering more from them and I encourage you to do so too!

What's your favourite item out of this haul? Have you ordered from SheIn before? Do you have any recommendations for other "Plus sized friendly" stores? Please let me know down in the comments below!

As always have a wonderful day!

Love, Lyndsay
xo

4 comments :

  1. It’s crazy how some companies perceive plus-size people! I remember seeing a Japanese company trying to sell plus-size and they had one mannequin through one leg! Glad you liked some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that on wish a lot believe it or not :'). I understand that usually their sizes are much smaller but I'm happy shein have finally took the time to cater to plus sized people and also use plus sized models for their clothing (or super cute flatlays)!

      Lyndsay | http://pandas-space.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. I love all of the different outfits you've rocked! It is great that Shein has a range of lovely outfit pieces. My favorite is the tank top!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really great that they do!! Especially for most sizes <3 My favourite definitely has to be the dino tee but I love everything I got!

      Lyndsay | https://pandas-space.blogspot.com/

      Delete