Wednesday 5 August 2020

Short AF Series Review | The Act

Hey guys, so today I'm going to be doing a review on the TV series "The Act". As usual this review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the IMDB synopsis in this and sometimes they contain spoilers however 9/10 times they don't. It's just something to keep in mind if you're planning on watching the series"


"Dee Dee Blanchard is overprotective of her daughter, Gypsy, who is trying to escape the toxic relationship she has with her mother. Gypsy's quest for independence opens up a Pandora's box of secrets, which ultimately leads to murder."

So the main reason that I wanted to watch this is due to it being a tv series based on a true crime. I usually love watching true crime shows however I want to point out to whoever watches this that this show has apparently been very much dramatised for the viewers enjoyment. I did still enjoy this series though. It follows the real life story of Gypsy Rose Blanchard and how her life was living with her mother Dee Dee. If you're not into true crime you may not enjoy this series but having not known anything about this case before watching I really enjoyed it. The way it makes you feel is very conflicting and may give you a lot of empathy towards Gypsy's story. I binge watched this within 2 days and due to it being such a short series it is worth binging! 

Unlike most of my reviews I will not be including my favourite and least favourite people in this series due to the fact that this is based on real life events which have happened somewhat recently.

If you enjoy true crime I definitely would recommend this to you. If you don't, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as it contains some scenes which could be distressing to viewers. 

What did you think of this series? Do you have any movies, series or books you'd recommend for me to watch/read or want me to do a short AF review on? Please let me know down in the comments before!

Have a wonderful day.

Love, Lyndsay
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment