Monday 17 August 2020

Short AF Series Review | She - Ra And The Princesses Of Power


 Hey guys, so today I'm going to be doing a review on the TV series "She - Ra And The Princesses Of Power". As usual this review is going to be short and sweet (like the title suggests) and spoiler free (however there will be the IMDB synopsis in this and sometimes they contain spoilers however 9/10 times they don't. Its just something to keep in mind if you're planning on watching the series.)



"She - Ra, Princess of Power, leads a rebellion to free her land of Etheria from the monstrous invaders the Horde."

So as most 90's kids I watched the originals of these when I was younger (as they used to rerun a lot of 80's cartoons) so when I saw there was a reboot I obviously thought what everyone else who originally watched thought "they're going to ruin a classic show". Man, I was wrong. I love this series so much and I am devastated that it came to an end (even though it ended perfectly). The art is beautiful in this series and so are all of the characters. I love how inclusive this tv series is and how wonderful the story of all their friendships are. This series is very wholesome and I would definitely recommend this to everyone. 

My favourite characters in the series:
- Spinerella: Spinerella is the plus sized babe we need in every tv series. If you know me you know I cosplay and it's nice finding people that look like you to cosplay. I love her relationship with her wife and I just adore her all around.
- Catra: I adore Catra so much, she starts off as the character that you love to hate but her backstory is heartbreaking and I'm so happy how her character development went and where she ended up in the series.
- Bow: Bow is just a wonderful character all around, just watch the series, you'll see what I mean!

My least favourite characters in the series:
- Mermista: Look, I still love her but in certain parts of the series she just gets slightly annoying and has a very edgier than you attitude.
- Shadow weaver: Shadow weaver makes for such a good bad guy in the fact that everything about her makes you wanna hate her. 

I adored this series and I wish it never ended but unfortunately all good things must come to an end! If you get a chance to please watch the series!

What did you think of the series? Who were you favourite and least favourite characters? Do you have any movies, series or books you'd recommend for me to watch/read or want me to do a short AF review on? Please let me know down in the comments below!

As always, have a wonderful day.

Love, Lyndsay
xo

2 comments :

  1. Omigosh, this was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid! By now, I'd forgotten all the character's names, besides She-Ra, of course. This is a heartwarming post that transported me back to the 80s! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!! If you get the chance to definitely watch the new one on Netflix!

    Lyndsay | https://pandas-space.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete